Friday, August 24, 2007

Final Words from Homebase

Hey All!
I'll just tell you now, I will be a woman of few words today. I leave in T-minus 28 hours and there are things to be done. Not a million things, just the 888 on my to do list. ;o) But I could not wing away without a few words to those who matter most.
This next year was and is possible because of everything you gave to me: kind expressions of encouragement and advice, overwhelming financial contributions, travel tips, bowed heads and fervent words. I am so blessed by you all and will be missing you like crazy!
Thanks to the wonders of technology, I will not have to miss you as much as I could. You all have my email address, but if you need a reminder: jessica.boffey@yahoo.com. And if you are just desperate to hear my voice or see my face, you can give me a call! My new phone number is through SKYPE, and it is (360) 566. 2881. (Just a few words on SKYPE for yall) If you download SKYPE on the internet (its free), you can basically turn your computer into a phone. If you have SKYPE, we can talk for FREE (Yeah!). If not, you can call me and it will charge your phone bill like a local number. You will probably not be able to reach me for the next week or so, but I will definitely blog again when I am settled in. Due to my technologically 1950's mind, I am considering this the most amazing creation since yogurt-covered pretzels! You will probably not be able to reach me for the next week or so, but I will definitely blog again when I am settled in.
So, to wrap up, I am excited! Along with the excitement comes bits of nerves and worries. I am anticipating the best; but my paranoid second-self is planning for the inevitable lows. There are a ton of emotions but very few adequate ways to convey them. But I want you all to know that I am without one thing, that is fear. I would say surprisingly, but that would be alluding to a lack of faith that a promise made could be broken. I am not surprised, but thankful. I have requested one thing time and time again, and meditated on its realization, that was courage (a constant reminder that the dearest friend gave me!)
So thank you all for everything, and I will be seeing YOU in 10 months! Much Love and Care to you all, Jessica

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Jessica, as you board the plane and head for the 'East", Remember you are God's Child and you are in His care. May you be blessed with peace of mind and heart. Let me know what you need. Karen (PS)I give you Psalm 27:1-3 --1) The Lord is my light and my salvation-- whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life-- of whom shall I be afraid? 2) When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall. 3) Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident.

Anonymous said...

Jessica, I pray that your trip goes well and I hope that you are a great influence on others as you have been for several of your friends, like me.

May God be with you friend!

~Raul <><

Good Happens said...

Jessica, May you find peace and happiness in the East. May you you inspire others with your way of being. You will accomplish what you set out to do and have fun doing it.
JCG

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you. I know you will meet amazing people, have great adventures, and have tons of stories to tell. At all times remember you have a great big family over here loving you. You amaze me!
-marcia

Anonymous said...

IM CRYING ALREADY....ey ey ey! I am sure at this very moment wonderful things are happeneing...whether or not you see them right away...or if they will unravel with time.... i know great things are abound. i prayed for you all day while you were up in the air, and will be praying (before the siesta that i am TOO american to have as of today...lol) for you especially this week. you are what courage is in a person, my friend.

Anonymous said...

I love you! I can't believe I didn't get a chance to call you before you left. Maybe I'll try this Skype thing. Way cool! Upload lots of pictures! Love youuuuuu...