Thursday, August 28, 2008

Welcome Home, in case you were wondering, the Honeymoon's definitely over...

Just a quick post, because I've promised the Allens to work on that, but mostly because I am jet-lagged and ready to sleep in my own big, unparalleled, envied, comfortable China bed.
Coming to China the second time is a little less glamorous, and a little less nerve-racking, but you can still be thrown for some incredible loops. My trip home included lost tickets in the Hong Kong airport, baggage "probably being on the same airplane you are", lugging around 60 lbs of suitcase (inexplicably, since I only left with 45...) with immense loss of face around the Chinese and their phenomenally tiny packing skills! I had forgotten most of my Chinese, we arrived home in Shiyan to a downpour promised to continue "twice as harder" in the next two days, and I walked into my apartment in clothes soaked to the skin with rain and sweat, in who knows what order. But all of this paled in comparison to the greatest tragedy: missing the DNC speech by the fabulous Michelle Obama, and the Roll Call Coverage selecting Future President of the United States Barack Obama!
But in less important news...I am home, safe and sound, and so happy to be here. Come to find out, I still love China! I can't wait to wake up tomorrow, clean my apartment (cause I am a sick person who finds her happiness in that) and hit the rain soaked streets to fresh my ZhongWen...but for now, my bed is calling, as is the Joe Biden speech on YouTube to diatribe me to sleep...Good night, Wode Meiguoren Pengyou...

No comments: