Saturday, September 20, 2008

Weekend Update, the short of it

Studies...We have a large and unexpectedly interested group of seekers - students who have just come out of the woodwork! We have begun studying the book of John with them, and our discussion group a few days ago led to some really wonderful discussions of the HS and "swimming" (hopefully that translates) Angelyn and I will also begin a study with some sisters on the book of Acts, which is sure to challenge. I'm excited to dive into this with them, as it speaks to powerfully as to exactly what WE ARE as HIS children, and what HE asks us to do to spread the Word. HE IS POWERFUL!

Foreigners...There is a new foreigner who joined the team of our college this year - Praise HIM for Barry! His testimony is phenomenal, and his life is so full of joy that all the Chinese are flocking to him like a magnet. He has already been a powerful witness in just the short time he has been here, a complete answer to our "requests". (And, my new guitar teacher) The other foreigners are delightful, from the sarcastic to the hilarious, I'm so blessed to be surrounded with old and new kindred spirits. I have such great memories of each of them already, from daredevil shopping cart antics to electric slide, flashdance inspired moments. Its incredible to see the others discovering China and their purpose here through the eyes of experience, I can see Him working on them as He did on me.

Funding...Brian returned to the states this summer, and an anonymous member of his congregation asked if he could send $150 monthly to another foreigner from Brian's family. Combined with Broadway's aid, I now have $3,400...almost exactly the amount I first requested and enough to provide for all my needs.. HE IS AMAZING!

Lucy...basically, she has not eaten a drop of food in 2 weeks and after numerous trips to the Vet, we learned she had a stomach virus with a 30% chance of survival. But Ang, I and Lucy are warrior women, so we are fighting and after 3 days of 3 shots her temperature is way down and she shows signs of improvement. Which is good, because she is so beloved among the foreigners and our chinese, there may have been a pretty extravagant grieving display. This xiao mao has been pr-y-d over and cuddled more than any other cat in China, and we are so glad she's ours.

Personally...working on law school applications despite my kitten's best efforts to distract me with her cute face. Am still struggling day to day to learn to love to the point of idiocy, though I feel I may be making great progress as have probably been making others uncomfortable with my over the top adoration! Have both failed and succeeded, depending on the day, in my efforts to spend more time talking HONESTLY with my Abba...he is so patient with my fickle heart and rambling words. Finally, I am missing my family and friends this week, I would love to hear from you. All my love.

No comments: