Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Things that make me adore China today

Aida programs half in Chinese

Loose Chinese women eyeing their foreign tickets to the West

Walking through the 798 modern art district in Beijing, looking at things that "shouldn't" be there and walking with people who make you forget where you are - Asians and Art, might as well be Seattle!

Broken couple face leading to opportunities to share HIM

The belief that Avril Laveigne's My Happy Ending is the best therapy for a broken heart

72 Starbucks in the Beijing city limits

Multiple pants and shirts worn on a brisk, sunny, dry day

Major Railway lines changing their generic bed covers from clean white to baby powder blue with hearts galore

The randomness of a Chinese text book poem (courtesy of Angelyn)

Come hither, brother polar bear.
I share your anger with mankind.
You have been bastardized by Coca-Cola...
A Christmas mascot uncalled for.

I have often wondered, given your sheer size
How big your turds are.
Sadly, they are hard to find.
For they are hot, and sink deep into the snow.

Haven't you ever wanted to just get out of the cold?
Maybe hop a plane to Hawaii?
I mean, damn, Of what profit to a bear is it...
To gain the world at the expense of his warmth?

SOME PHOTOS FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT: Everyday IS my Birthday

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you can find elements of home in a new land. I hope you find it comforting!