Thursday, May 8, 2008

Can You Ever Really Have Too Much of a Good Thing?

Sorry for the long blogging absence...my head and life is still reeling from the last one. So just a quip for you:
Active April has been declared a miserable failure...I think our energy for self-improvement months has been stretched to the max and one's heart can only take so much. While we did embrace our activeness, a long stretch of a contagious bug and a chocolate fast left us without the stamina to finish what we started (Don't...). That's all right, that's what May is for.
So May has officially been dubbed "More-of-a-good-thing May". Meaning, we have stretched ourselves too thin in our constant quest for self-improvement, so May is only about more of good things. More exercise, but also more chocolate! More time with friends, but also more relaxation. More color, and more rainy afternoons. More deep conversations, more saying "NO" to unattractive invitations. Only things that bless the soul in May. Let's hope the end of this month finds us in better shape than April 31st did.
So I will keep you updated on the blog. I am officially in countdown mode: 44 days til my glorious return to the states for 2 months of family, friends, and foreign food! The next 6 weeks will fly: finals, trips to Xi'an and Hong Kong, and tearful goodbyes. Things are shifting...thank goodness He is refusing to let me be my neurotic controlling self. Actually, I should clarify. Thank goodness He is not letting my neurotic controlling self actually BE in control...

Here is my documentation of Active April. Check out what we did, lessons we learned, and people we enjoyed time with. I am so blessed.
Photo Album: Could we BE anymore Active? I submit that we could NOT!

No comments: