Monday, January 19, 2009

Before I Go...

Where has the time gone? In less than 8 hours Angelyn and I will board a train to begin our 3 day journey to Paris, France! Finally fulfilling a dream, I will spend the next three weeks traveling through France and Spain. I will try to blog if its a possibility, otherwise, you'll hear from me in a month. When I return, I'll be bringing my mother and cousin back to Shiyan to see my home.

School is on break for another month for the spring festival - the students are gone and the campus is quiet. Friends have slowly been saying their goodbyes and making there way to equally exciting places, from Budapest to Malaysia. China is shutting down, travel is insane as 1.6 billion people travel to their hometowns.

Its been nice staying around town a little longer than usual. We were able to complete a plan two years in the making and spent a few days in Hong Kong with our good friend Carole before she moves back to the states. Hong Kong - expensive, busy, beautiful, and CLEAN. View: On The Island - Hong Kong Photos

Most importantly, I was able to see my darling friend Dacy get married, and experience a little bit of post-Christmas snow. View: Off To A Great Start - January Photos

Its 2009, and this year is already full of blessings, excitement and challenges. Viva La Vida!

No comments: